IsoCSG Library 0.7 - Documentation
These POV-Ray include files supply macros to simulate basic CSG shapes and operations in form of user defined functions. In isosurfaces these functions can be used to create CSG like shapes with all the advantages of isosurfaces like nonlinear transformations of surface displacement.
Note that these functions can be much slower than CSG because they don't have any optimization like bounding. Therefore the number of functions combined in one object should be kept low.
The functions generated by these macros can be combined with any other functions.
They are designed for the default
threshold of 0.
The include files contained in the package
- 'iso_csg.inc' - Main include file
- 'iso_rcsg.inc' - Rounded shape functions
- 'iso_bcsg.inc' - Combination of functions and native CSG
- 'iso_chars.inc' - IsoCSG version of 'chars.inc'
- 'iso_bchars.inc' - 'iso_chars.inc' with native CSG
If you have further questions concerning the use of this library you should consider visiting the POV-Ray newsgroups.
Wlodzimierz 'ABX' Skiba <abx[at]abx.art.pl>
Christoph Hormann <chris_hormann[at]gmx.de>