- Raytracing and POV-Ray - an introduction ()
- Warp tutorial ()
- black_hole warp ( )
- displace warp ( )
- crackle form parameters ( )
- crackle metric/offset parameters ( )
- f_ridged_mf() parameters ( )
- glow parameters ( )
- turbulence parameters ( )
- Rendering transparent icons with POV-Ray ()
- Megapov/POV-Ray 3.5 radiosity ()
- Realistic water with Povray ()
Tutorials and Tables
POV-Ray is often regarded as difficult to use for the beginner. This is to a large extent caused by the text based interface of POV-Ray. Although the idea to design large parts of a scene in the text editor tends to discourage a lot of first time users it regarded as one of the most important arguments for POV-Ray among passionate users.
I have written several tutorials explaining how certain features of POV-Ray work and can be used. These do not provide finished recipes for creating certain things but explain the parameters to enable the reader to design things himself.
In addition i also provide various tables illustrating the parameters of various patterns, pattern modifiers, functions and other features in POV-Ray. These don't come with detailed explanation but are rather meant as a reference.
- Tables illustrating POV-Ray functions
- Content of the POV-Ray 3.5 insert menu